- Plays a vital role in helping your body produce red blood cells which become larger and malformed in B12 deficiency. Due to this, they are unable to move from the bone marrow into the blood stream, causing megaloblastic anemia.
- May help prevent birth defects, as the fetal brain and nervous system are dependent on sufficient levels of B12.
- Bone health and assisting in prevention of osteoporosis
- Reduction of risk of macular degeneration
- May help improve symptoms of depression
- May help prevent loss of neurons
- May provide energy boost
- May improve heart health by decreasing homocysteine levels
- Supports healthy, hair, skin and nails
B12 can be given alone as an intermuscular (IM injection) or included in IV infusions such as the Myers Cocktail (Vit C, Magnesium, B complex and B12). Depending on what one’s needs are, B12 may be given weekly or extended out to monthly for support.