- Support the immune system and increase resistance to infection by helping to improve our ability to neutralize bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
- Speed wound healing
- Help protect against a wide range of diseases
- Valuable in treating inflammatory conditions, thus assisting in pain management due to inflammation.
- Anti tumor effect in many types of cancer and amelioration of side effects of chemotherapy, as it attacks cancer cells while simultaneously shielding the effects of those systemic drugs from the rest of the body.
- Collagen (a structural protein) production: for skin, bones, teeth, cartilage, tendons, blood vessels, heart valves and more. Protects from premature aging.
- Antihistamine effects, assisting in battling allergies and asthma.
- Antioxidant effects: Stress, alcohol consumption, smoking etc cause formation of free radicals that can harm your DNA and lead to issues like Cancer and Cholesterol build up in blood vessels. High doses of Vit C can prevent this chemical process.
- Fatigue, Anxiety and Depression: fighting against free radicals that cause oxidative stress which can cause neuropsychological disorders.
- Reduced lead toxicity
- Blood pressure w/ reduction in both systolic and diastolic BP
Very few, but may be harmful in patients w/ kidney failure and a tendency to develop kidney stones. Case reports have shown that those with an inherited disorder of G-6- PD deficiency should not be given high doses (>15-20 gm) due to risk of hemolysis (destruction)of Red Blood Cells. Blood work will be checked first before graduation to a higher dose >15 gm. Increased risk of iron overload in those with Hemochromatosis (high iron). Increased thirst during infusion. Transient increased in Blood sugar in high doses.
In IV form dependent on dosing given in 250-500 ml Sterile Water over 1-2 hours depending on dose. Calcium Chloride is included in infusions of 25 gm or higher. May be added in smaller doses to infusions like Myers’s Cocktail.